At SENREVE, we are inspired by the women who do it all and stand as a brand that strives to empower women globally. That’s why for this Giving Tuesday, we’ve partnered with Every Mother Counts (“EMC”), an organization that has made it their mission to make pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother, everywhere. We are honored to support an organization that is dedicated to empowering mothers and providing quality, respectful, and equitable maternity care for all. So let’s give together this Giving Tuesday: for a limited time, we’ll offer 15% off your order and donate 15% of net proceeds to support EMC.
Every Mother Counts’ grants in Tanzania support many rural clinics in the Shinyanga and Sengerema district of Tanzania
Aligned with EMC’s mission, we want to raise awareness about the global issues and challenges associated with pregnancy and childcare. Did you know about these maternal health facts?
- Approximately 303,000 women die each year due to complications in pregnancy and childbirth. That’s one woman more than every 2 minutes—and the majority of them are preventable.
- Globally, for every woman who dies each year in childbirth, 20 to 30 more suffer from lifelong debilitating complications.
- Pregnancy is a leading cause of death for girls aged 15 to 19 in the developing world.
- The United States ranks 55th in maternal mortality, even though it spends more on health care per capita than any other nation in the world.
- The U.S. is the only industrialized country with a consistently rising maternal mortality rate.
- Black and Indigenous women in the U.S. are two to three times more likely to die from pregnancy and childbirth than their white counterparts.
Every Mother Counts providing support and services in Malawi
While it’s hard to imagine that in today’s world, so many don’t have access to proper maternal care, it's unfortunately a harsh reality for many. However, we should be encouraged by the fact that the majority of all global maternal deaths can be prevented, and EMC envisions a world where all women have the opportunity to enter motherhood and not only survive, but thrive. They strive to do this by increasing awareness, mobilizing communities, and by giving grants.
- Increasing Awareness - Through storytelling and filmmaking, EMC shares the many challenges faced in global maternal health and presents opportunities for people to raise awareness of these particular challenges in their own communities. By creating original content and various tools and resources, EMC arms us with the individual stories of women around the world, giving us “the power to inspire action and drive change.” Check out their blog, On the Front Lines, or their various films to learn more and start to increase your own awareness.
- Mobilizing Communities - In order to impact change on a broader scale, EMC consistently works hand-in-hand with key decision- and policy-makers. EMC also strives to inspire individuals to use their own voices to be a part of this initiative, and to advocate for “quality, respectful, equitable maternity care for all.” EMC believes that change starts from within, and you can read more about their policy and advocacy initiatives on their website.
- Grant Giving - Since 2010, EMC has invested more than $17 million into community-based programs thus far, reaching under-resourced populations who lack access to the necessary resources for proper maternal care. As of November 2020, they have invested in 108 grants that support proven models of care in 13 countries across the world. Through grantmaking, EMC has directly impacted nearly one million people. EMC currently supports programs in 6 countries (Bangladesh, Guatemala, Haiti, India, Tanzania, United States). They’ve funded initiatives from Indonesia to Malawi, and more detail can be found in their Past Grants Archive. [Should you need an additional resource, here is updated information https://everymothercounts.org/our-work/]
This Giving Tuesday, we are feeling extra grateful at SENREVE, and we are so excited to join Every Mother Counts in making pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother, everywhere. Since 50% of our Octopi community are mothers and empowerment is one of SENREVE’s main brand values, we want to play our part in empowering women across the world, so that all mothers can receive the care they deserve.
Mothers from our strong and inspirational Octopi Community, via @juliaberolzheimer, @scoutthecity and @rachparcell
We encourage you to join us in this effort, and for every purchase made until 12/2, we will be giving 15% of all proceeds to EMC and also giving you 15% off all products, a rare offer exclusively for Giving Tuesday. Use code GIVE15 at checkout.
Let’s give together. We must give back to move us all forward. Happy #GivingTuesday!
Maestra Bag in Dragon Forest; Midi Maestra in Dolce Slate; Aria Belt Bag with Silver Chain in Mimosa Spearmint; Bracelet Pouch in Pebbled Ice; Maestra Bag in Pebbled Forest; Midi Maestra in Pebbled Marine; Mini Maestra in Mimosa Storm
Source: Every Mother Counts. 2020. Retrieved from everymothercounts.org.
All photos courtesy of Every Mother Counts, SENREVE, or as noted.
*Let’s Give Together: from 6AM PST on Tuesday 12/1 to 11:59PM PST on Wednesday 12/2, we will be donating 15% of all net proceeds to Every Mother Counts and also giving you 15% off across the site. Use code GIVE15 at checkout.