SENREVE was founded on the values of freedom and empowerment. It is more important than ever for us to represent these values in everything that we do, and we pledge to do better. Two weeks ago, our Co-Founders, Coral Chung and Wendy Wen, wrote a letter that outlines some of our preliminary steps and resources. Since then, we have continued educating ourselves to find ways to foster a culture of inclusivity, solidarity, and activism. We wanted to share our actionable next steps to promote diversity and implement anti-racist policies into our business.
1. Donate to organizations that promote racial equality and support the Black community.
We are donating $15,000 to the NAACP and matching team donations (up to $20,000 total). Additionally, for the month of June, we are donating 5% of our net proceeds to The Conscious Kid and The Loveland Foundation.
2. Partner with influencers and digital creators who are women of color.
We plan to expand our work with Black women creatives who embody SENREVE values on our photo-shoots moving forward.
3. Support women-owned businesses, specifically focused on those founded by Black women, through Selected by SENREVE.
We're proud to be featuring EXAU, whose co-founder Skylar recently chatted with Coral Chung in a founder-to-founder Q&A. We will be featuring the interivew in our Blog this weekend. We will continue to seek out these meaningful and diverse partnerships as we grow Selected by SENREVE.
4. Use our platform to amplify the voices of Black women.
We will leverage our blog, email newsletters, and Instagram to reflect the diversity of our Octopi community, starting with Brittany Opeloye, a mother, IT supervisor, board member, activist, and true embodiment of a SENREVE woman.
5. Connect with Black professional and alumni networks for future job postings, including full-time positions, contract work, and internships.
In addition to being more intentional within our own alumni networks, we will circulate our hiring needs with HBCUs and work with Black student organizations to directly post job and internship opportunities.
6. Continue listening to our community.
If you have any feedback on how we can continue to improve, please don't hesitate to reach out via email, DM, website chat or blog comments. We feel strongly about coming together to take a stand and are hopeful about being better.