SENREVE four years ago…
November 15, 2016 was a nerve-wracking day filled with panic about whether or not our products that were stuck in customs on their way from Italy would actually make it in time. We worked through midnight setting up for our big launch event and press preview the next day in NYC at my best friend Lisa’s apartment building.
Four years ago today, November 16th, we were able to pull things together and have an editor pre-launch with over 30 top fashion and lifestyle publications represented. We all breathed a sigh of relief when our website went live without any hiccups, and orders immediately started coming in!
Our website launch email on November 16, 2016, from my inbox four years ago
November 16th, 2016 Launch Party.
Coral & Lisa Lee (my best friend & SENREVE angel investor); Coral, Fran Della Badia (SENREVE Board member) & Wendy Wen (SENREVE co-founder); Coral & Susan Li (TV Anchor)
Milestones I’m most proud of...
Finding the perfect partner in Italy, to achieve the craftsmanship and quality of SENREVE products.
At our artisan workshop in Florence, Italy
Expanding our product offering from two handbag styles to a broader offering with each bag being distinct and beloved for its own reasons.
From the Maestra Bag and Doctor Bag to dozens of products across multiple categories now
Shipping products from my house during our first holiday season, my 4-year-old daughter helped out.
My daughter loves our SENREVE octopi stickers
Lady Gaga proudly shares her Maestra bag on Instagram, and other strong women like Brie Larson, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Kristen Bell, Priyanka Chopra, and Angelina Jolie loving our bags.
Kristen Bell wearing the Aria Belt Bag in Pebbled Noir; Priyanka Chopra, carrying the Mini Maestra in Pebbled Forest; Lady Gaga with the Maestra Bag in Pebbled Noir; Brie Larson wearing the Midi Maestra in Pebbled Lavender
Our flagship store in San Francisco.
Our store at 441 Jackson Street, in the heart of San Francisco
Guests shopping at our flagship store launch party
Debuting our Red Carpet Collection at the 2019 Met Gala.
Honored to be a guest at the 2019 Met Gala, debuting the SENREVE Red Carpet Clutch
Completing our Series A financing.
Press from our Series A funding round
Our pop-up in Hong Kong attracting 10,000 visitors.
Our stunning pop-up store at Pacific Place in Hong Kong
Our newest handbags, the Alunna and Mini Alunna, launched exclusively at this storefront before the October global launch
So much love from our Octopi Community!
Love and positive feedback from our Octopi community
@theprimpysheep, @blaireadiebee, @aimeesong, @wendyslookbook, @blaireadiebee, @wendyslookbook, @sincerelyjules, @juliaberolzheimer
Exciting news to share…
We’re so thrilled to share that Fran Della Badia (former President of Coach, CEO of Bonobos, and current President of DKNY) has joined our Board of Directors. Fran has been an incredible mentor and advisor since the early days of SENREVE, and she brings strong leadership and deep experience to our leadership. Also, joining the board is Bill McComb (former CEO of Kate Spade). While we are sad about my co-founder Wendy’s resignation as COO earlier this fall due to personal reasons, I and our whole team have fully supported her decision to spend more time with family. We are excited to share that our new COO Jenny Oh (most recently COO at Cult Gaia) brings over 15 years of luxury, global retail, fashion, and ecommerce operations experience to our team.
Fran Della Badia, SENREVE Board Member; Jenny Oh, SENREVE COO; Bill McComb, SENREVE Board Member
What’s ahead beyond 2020…
We’re all eagerly anticipating what’s to come beyond 2020. It’s hard to predict the future, but what we know for SENREVE is:
- We will continue to focus on incredible experiences and a high level of service, creating the Octopi Club for our most loyal clients.
- We have exciting new product launches, expanding our luxury vegan collection with more styles.
- We’re expanding SENREVE At Home products with more cozy and elevated products for spending time at home.
- We continue to support women through our partnerships, including our recent collaborations with I am a voter.®, World Cancer Research Fund, Every Mother Counts, and other global charities.
- We continue to support female-founded and BIPOC-owned small businesses through our Selected by SENREVE platform.
- We will continue to improve on our sustainable practices across products, processes, and people, including our bi-annual Handbag Revival Event and continued focus on our Vegan collection.
- We will continue to grow globally with 50% of our community living outside of the US.
- We will continue to grow our diverse, global team, while staying proud of our strong female leadership.
- As for me, I can’t wait to be back in Florence, Italy again to collaborate with our artisans in the workshops to create more beautiful and versatile products for you.
Thank you for your support, your engagement, your loyalty, and most of all thank you for loving SENREVE as much as we do.
Hope you enjoyed reading about SENREVE, past, present, and future in honor of our 4th anniversary! What are your favorite SENREVE moments? Share with us in the comments below!